Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Chapter 3 (continued)

I think that Napoleon keeping the young secluded from the rest of the farm with claims of educating them is just some sort of scheme. I have a feeling that he is subliminally educating them against Snowball somehow, and trying to form his own base of followers with which he will attempt to gain complete tyranny of the farm with. This might be a little out there, but I could see it happening. And the pigs just seem like they are getting too comfortable, and gaining too much control. I think that they are hypocrites, saying that every animal is equal, but then taking things for themselves and saying that without them, the farm could not exist the way it does. I think that they view themselves above the other animals, and that though they might not notice it, they are becoming more and more like farm owners. I believe that this will not end well, and that some sort of rebellion against the pigs could form sometime in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for creating this additional post for the third chapter because it was something I had not really thought about until I read this. Based on your good, overall accurate predictions that you had from the first two chapters, I can say your predictions are very likely. I can see how Napoleon may be going against Snowball in secret because he is teaching the young animals of the farm of his ideas. Also, I can see a rebellion form later on in the book as the pigs become more an more powerful. Good job noticing something I didn't think about as much!

    ReplyDelete